7 Summertime Tips: The Secret To Air Drying Your Hair
The last thing you want to do in the heat of summer is fire up your hair dryer. Since we think it’s a good idea to give your hair a break from dryers, summer is a perfect time to hone the skill of successfully air drying your hair.
Here are our 7 tips:
1. Shampoo—Look for shampoos that are sulfate, paraben, and gluten-free. This means they have no detergents or extra chemicals that take longer for hair to dry. For curly or thick hair, use conditioner as a styling product; just don’t rinse it out. Always concentrate conditioner on the ends.
2. Don’t towel dry—Towels cause frizziness. Because hair is at its weakest when wet, use a cotton t-shirt, pillowcase, or the like. Cotton doesn’t cause as much friction as towels because the threads are finer.
3. Bangs—DO blow dry these. For some reason, bangs just don’t air dry as well on their own. They need help. Give them a few seconds under the dryer.
4. Extensions—Do use your towel to blot hair. Hold the base in a ponytail to prevent the possibility of breakage. You’ll want to take the long part of your hair and wrap the towel around it for a few seconds, then unwrap. Move up the hair using a different part of the towel. Apply your products, repeating the towel wrapping. Run your fingers through your hair to separate the strands and to give you volume.
5. Keratin treatment—Get a keratin treatment so that your hair will dry up to 40% faster. Not to mention, how soft and smooth it makes your hair!
6. Mousse it—Mousse is excellent for air drying hair. You get great hold without stiffness or crunchiness.
7. Braid it—If your hair is long enough, braid it while damp and let it air dry. Keep the braid loose for waves. Make it tighter for more of a crimp.
Call Us On 08 9418 8874