Many things that we do to style our hair actually damage our hair. Over the years, this damage can accumulate, leading to unhealthy and unattractive hair. The best way to prevent unhealthy hair is to teach children healthy habits for taking care of their hair.
To help kids develop good hair-care habits that help prevent hair damage, dermatologists give parents the following tips:
• Make braids and ponytails loose and use covered rubber bands.
• Consider styles that don’t require heat and chemical treatments.
• When using heat on hair, lower the heat.
• Understand that chemicals in relaxers, dyes, and other hairstyling products often damage the hair. The longer the time between treatments, the better it is for your hair.
• After your child swims, make sure to wash away pool chemicals. If your child’s hair is normal to oily, shampooing works best. Children who have very dry or African American hair should rinse well and apply conditioner. Pool chemicals that are not washed away can damage hair.
• Use a wide-tooth comb more often than a brush.
• When outdoors, wear a wide-brimmed hat to protect the scalp and hair from the sun.
Call Us On 08 9418 8874