6 Luster Busters That Flatten Hair Shine By Expertease for Hair & Beauty Call Us On 08 9418 8874
If you’re frustrated because you’re doing everything humanly possible to make those locks shiny and healthy, but all you see is dull and dingy, then listen up.
We’ve got 6 very likely reasons for those luster busters.
– Your showerhead – Sediment from your showerhead collects mineral deposits and rust from your house pipes, dulling your hair. The solution is a salon quality clarifying shampoo to clarify those locks monthly.
– Careless Conditioning – There’s not much point in applying conditioner and then immediately rinsing it out. The proteins and lipids need time to penetrate the hair shaft, softening and smoothing your hair.
– Soggy Styling – If you see steam coming off of your hair while you’re styling, then you’re scorching your hair. Stop! Stop! Stop! No good can come from this. EVER.
– Sun Exposure – Sun is a definite luster buster! It only takes 100 hours of direct sunlight to inflict the same amount of damage as bleaching your hair for 30 minutes. Apply SPF spray.
– Shine Spray OD – We love shine spray, but too much of a good thing is…too much! Overdoing it will rob your hair of hydration and shine. Ease up!
– Tepid Styling Tools – This one’s tricky. You don’t want to go too much in either direction. Low settings don’t allow you to get the job done in one pass, damaging your hair. Find the right setting and stick to it!